Alisha Akya MD, PhD
E mail: email@example.com
Microbiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Shirudi Boulevard, Kermanshah, Iran
Post code: 6714869914
Phone: +98 83 34274618-20
Farsi (Native), English (Fluent)
Associate professor of Medical Microbiology, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences
Top researcher of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, in 2009 , 2010 and 2015.
1991-1998: Doctor of Medicine in Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences and graduated as a medical doctor (General physician).
2003-2007: PhD of Microbiology in School of Molecular and Biomedical Science in the University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
1. Akya A, Thomas C, Pointon A. Viability of Listeria monocytogenes in co-culture with Acanthamoeba spp. FEMS Microbiol Ecol , 2009,70 , 20–29
2. Akya A, Thomas C, Pointon A, Mechanism involved in Phagocytosis and Killing of Listeria monocytogenes by Acanthamoeba polyphaga. Parasitol Res. 2009, Oct;105(5):1375-83
3. Akya A, Thomas C, Pointon A. Listeria monocytogenes does not survive ingestion by Acanthamoeba polyphaga. Journal of Microbiology. 2010, 156(3):809-1
4. Akya A, Najafi F, Moradi J, Mohebi Z, Adabagher S. The prevalence of food contamination with Listeria in Kermanshah, Iran. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2012, 19(5):474-7
5. Akya A, Thomas C, Pointon A. The impact of the Listeria monocytogenes large plasmid on its interaction with HeLa cells and Acanthamoeba polyphaga trophozoites. African Journal of Microbiology Research. 2012, 6(13): 3310-14.
6. Akya A, Hosseini M, Olfati M, Mirnejad R, Altaha SM, Rezaee M.The frequency of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae infections among women in Kermanshah, Iran. Asian Biomedicine Journal. 2013,7 (5): 681-685
7. Ghadiri, K , Akya A, Khodadost M, Ziaee bidgoli A. The antibiotic resistance pattern of Staphylococcus aurous isolated from nasals of patients in the time of admission and leave the hospital in Kermanshah, Iran. Journal NI. 2014, 1(1): 44-8
8. Akya A *, Moradi J, Rezaei M. Multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from hospitals in Kermanshah. Journal NI. 2014, 1(1): 49-54
9. Akya A, Akya F, Rashiditabar, E. The causative agents and the cellular profile of urinary tract infections of patients referred to Vigeh clinic in Kermanshah (2008 – 2009). J Clin Res Paramed Sci. 2012, 1(1):16-21
10. Emami SS, Akya A, Hossain Zadeh A, Barkhordar. Bacterial contamination of traditional ice creams in Kermanshah in 2008. Medical microbiology Journal. 2012, 5(1,2):104-108
11. Sohrabi N, Ghadiri K, Akya A, Ghashghaee HA, Jannat Sharifi E, Shahveisizadeh F, Nategh L, Zare ME, Nasir Kansestani A. Evaluation of airborne fungal pollution in the burn ward of Imam Khomeini hospital, the referral burn center in the west of Iran. Journal NI. 2014, 1(1): 1-6
12. Akya A, salami A, Nomanpour B, Ahmadi K. Prevalence and Clonal Dissemination of Metallo-Beta-Lactamase Producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Kermanshah. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 2015. 8(7): e20980. DOI: 10.5812
13. Akya A, Najafi F, Sohrabi N, Vaziri1 S, Mansouri F, Azizi M, Akbarzadeh F. The systematic Review of Quinolones Resistance of Escherichia coli Isolated from Urinary Tract Infections in Iran over the Last Ten Years (2001-2011). Annual Research & Review in Biology. 2015, 6(4): 234-44
14. Ahmadi K, Akya A, Numanpour B, Salimi A, Veisi Raigani A. Frequency Of Streptococcus pneumonia Infection In Patients With Suspected Meningitis In Imam Reza Hospital Of Kermanshah in the west of Iran. IRAN. J. MICROBIOL. 2015, 7 ( 1 ):12-17.
15. Akya A, Ahmadi K, Zehtabian S, Salimi A, Elahi A, Madani SH. Study The Frequency of Herpesvirus Infections Among Patients Suspected Aseptic Meningitis in the West of Iran. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 2015,8(10):e22639
16. Khodadoost M, Akya A , Ale Taha SM, Adabagher S. The frequency of antibiotic resistance and CTX-M gene in Escherichia coli isolated from urinary tract infections of out-patients in Kermanshah. The Journal of Urmia University of Medical Sciences, 2013, 24(5):22-33
17. Akya A, Khodadoost M, Rashiditabar E. Prevalence of blaTEM Gene in Escherichia coli Isolated from Urinary Tract Infections of Outpatients in Kermanshah. ZUMS Journal. 2013; 21 (88): 84-94
18. Aletaha S, AKya A, Salimi A, Ahmadi K. The Frequency of Herpes Simplex Type 2 Infection in Women with Cervicitis in Kermanshah city in 2011. ZUMS Journal. 2014, 22 (92) :108-115
19. Akya A , Gheisari H, Mohammadi G, Khodadoost M. Study of the pattern of plasmid and antibiotic resistance of Escherichia coli isolated from outpatients with urinary tract infection. SJKU. 2015, 20(1): 89-96
20. Akya A, Mojarab M, Farshchian M , Ahmadi K. The effect of stem bark extracts of Tamarix ramosissim shrub on Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates. SJKU. 2014, 19(4): 128-134.
21. Salimi A, Akya A, Haidari E. Prevalence of 𝛽-lactamases genes of IMP, SHV and PER in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from hospitals in Kermanshah. J Clin Res Paramed Sci. 2015, 4(2):152-159.
22. Akya A, Khodadoost M, Mohebi F, Alimoradi S. Study of frequency of bacteria isolated from blood culture and their antibiotic susceptibility pattern in Taleghani Hospital, Kermanshah, 2011. J Clin Res Paramed Sci 2014; 2(4): 220-227
23. Akya A, Aletaha M. The frequency of Mycoplasma genitalium infection in women with cervicitis in Kermanshah. J Clin Res Paramed Sci. 2014, 3(1): 56-62
24. Jafari S, Akya A. The frequency antibiotic resistance of isolates of Citrobacter species isolated from clinical specimens in Imam Reza hospital of Kermanshah city. J Clin Res Paramed Sci. 2014, 3(4):279-285.
25. Zare A, Akya A, Nejat P. The Frequency of blaVIM, blaIMP, blaKPC and blaNDM Carbapenemase Genes in Clinical Isolates of Klebsiella Pneumoniae in Kermanshah Medical Centers. JSSU. 2015, 23 (8) :760-769.
26. Hyaidari E, Akya A. The frequency of broad-spectrum beta-lactamase CTX-M genotypes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from Kermanshah hospitals (2013-14). Journal of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences. 2015, 19( 4): 207-14.
27. Akya A, Jafari S, Ahmadi K, Elahi A . Frequency Of blaCTX-M, blaTEM and blaSHV Genes in Citrobacters Isolated from Imam Reza Hospital in Kermanshah. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences. 2015, 25(127):
28. Akya A, Khodadoost M, Mohebi F, Dehghani M, Amighi M. Survey the hepatitis B serologic markers in patients referred to the clinic of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Clinical Research in Paramedical Sciences. 2016, 5(1):9-14
29. Majidipour P, Akya A, Naderi N.The medical students’ attitude toward the application of bacteriology course in clinical medicine at Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences in the first semester of 2013-14., Edu Res Med Sci. 2015,4(1):20-28.
30. Nejat P, Akya A, Elahi A, Ghadiri K. The Frequency of Multi Drug Resistance (MDR) Among Klebsiella Pneumoniae Isolates from Kermanshah Medical Centers. Journal NI, 2015, 3(1), 1-7
31. Akya A, Ahmadi K, Nomanpour B. Identification of Neisseria Meningitidis in Patients with Suspected Meningitis: a Study in Imam Reza Hospital, Kermanshah City, Iran 2013. Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences. 2016, 23(3): 334-343.
32. Feiz Sarshar MH, Akya A. The Frequency of Extended Spectrum β-Lactamase Genes of SHV-2a, SHV-5 and SHV-12 in Clinical Isolates of Klebsiella Pneumoniae Isolated from Kermanshah Medical Centers in 2014. Arak Medical University Journal (AMUJ). 2016, 19(107): 59-67
33. Akya A, Khodadoost M. Prevalence of blaCTX-M1, blaCTX-M14 and blaCTX-M15 Genes among Escherichia Coli Isolated from Urinary Tract Infections in Outpatients, Kermanshah City, Iran. Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences. 2016, 23(2): 145-155.
34. Rezaei M, Akya A, Elahi A, Ghadiri K, Jafari S. The clonal relationship among the Citrobacter freundii isolated from the main hospital in Kermanshah, west of Iran. IRAN. J. MICROBIOL.2016, 8 (3): 175-180.
35. Akia A, Hamzavi Y, Bakhtiari N, Rashiditabar E . Identification of patients with Cutaneous Leishmaniasis using microscopic observation and PCR methods . J Clin Res Paramed Sci 2016; 5(3):198-205.
36. Chegenelorestani R, Akya A, Elahi A, Hamzavi Y. Frequency of Plasmid-mediated Quinolone Resistance Genes in Extended-spectum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2017; 27 (151):41-51
37. Akya A, Chegene Lorestani R, Elahi A. The spread of aminoglycoside resistant genes in clinical isolates of Klebsiella pneumoniae from Kermanshah medical centers. J Clin Res Paramed Sci 2017; 5(4):381-387.
38. Akia A, Hamzavi Y. Diagnosis and Molecular Typing of Leishmania in Patients with Cutaneous Leishmaniasis. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2017; 26 (146): 22-30.
39. Akya A, Nejat P, Elahi A, Chegene Lorestani R, Rezaei M. Phenotypic and Genotypic Assessment of ESBL Production in Klebsiella pneumoniae Isolates from Kermanshah Medical Centers (Iran). Qom Univ Med Sci J 2017;11(9):61-69
40. Akya A, Elahi A, Moghoofei M, Chegenelorestani R, Nejati A, Babaei F. Enterovirus Detection in Patients Suspected Aseptic Meningitis by RT-PCR in Kermanshah, Iran. Journal of Kerman University ofMedical Sciences, 2018; 25 (1): 18-26.
41. Akya A, Chegene Lorestani R, Elahi A, Ghadiri K. The Impact of Mutations in Topoisomerase Genes and the Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone Resistance (PMQR) Determinants on the Resistance to Fluoroquinolones in Klebsiella pneumonia. Arch Clin Infect Dis. In Press(In Press):e57290.
42. Akya A, Elahi A, Chegenelorestani R, Rezaee M. Dissemination of multidrug-resistant, Class I and II integrons and molecular typing of CTX-M-producing Klebsiella pneumonia. Int J App Basic Med Res 2018;8:100-5
43. Chegene Lorestani R, Akya A, Elahi A. The Mutations of Topoisomerase Genes and Their Effect on Resistance to Fluoroquinolones in Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase-Producing Escherichia coli. Jundishapur J Nat Pharm Prod. 2018; 13(1):e57964.
44. Chegene Lorestani R, Akya A, Elahi A, Hamzavi Y. Gene cassettes of class I integron-associated with antimicrobial resistance in isolates of Citrobacter spp. with multidrug resistance. Volume 10 Number 1 (February 2018) 22-29
45. Akya A, Chegeneh Lorestani R, Elahi A. Effect of AcrAB Efflux Pump on Ciprofloxacin Resistance Rate in Escherichia coli Isolates. Qom Univ Med Sci J 2018;11(12):1-9.
46. Akya A, Elahi A, Chegeneh Lorestani R, Ghadiri K. The Role of AcrAB Leakage Pump in Resistance to Fluoroquinolones in Klebsiella Pneumoniae Isolates Collected from Medical Centers of Kermanshah. zumsj. 2018; 26 (115) :12-21
Paper presenting in conferences:
Presenting more than 35 research papers in the international or Iranian conferences (lectures or posters)
Participated in more than 30 workshops related to teaching skills and researching updates during 10 years
The 10 years teaching experiences for medical and postgraduate students with course planning and evaluation:
Membership of Scientific Societies
Iranian society of Microbiology
Iranian society of Medical Bacteriology
Medical Council of Iran
Supervision of thesis
Supervision of theses (MSc of medical microbiology, General physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists)
Diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections
Bacterial resistance to antibiotics
Molecular methods for diagnosis of pathogenic bacteria and viruses